Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Heaven in your mouth

Boulevard. In Bushwick. Located right off the Montrose Ave stop on the L.

This cute little cafe located on the same block as Bushwick Pita Palace (whose best fare is actually their burritos, but we'll save that for a future post) has such tasty sandwiches. I've been there 3 or 4 times now and I always order the hummus sandwich: 1.) because there are few vegetarian sandwiches on the list (though you can also find salads here) and 2.) it's so gosh darn good.

When I stopped in today to order my usual, they were out of it. Instead of panicking, I asked for the roasted vegetable sandwich. I had been, after all, wanting to try it but the hummus one comes with avocado and how can you say no to avocado? I love it so much and it's not something I have every day so when there's an opportunity, I strike! Because of this hankering, I asked the lady running the cash register if she could add avocado to the roasted veggie and voila! The results were scrumptious--goat cheese, squash, zuccini, and avocado on a toasted baguette. It's like heaven in your mouth.

I'm fairly certain the roasted veggie sandwich could stand just as well without the avocado, but now I have 2 go-to sandwiches that make me happy inside--along with the possibility that I can combine my fave elements of each into a super sandwich! I like the idea of super food. And this is something I can explore in my own kitchen. Much like the inspiration from Cocoa Bar in my last post. Life is short so why not have the best sandwich ever? Treat yo self.

No comments:

Post a Comment